Dear Friends and Supporters,
For the past 25 years, generous donors have kept the Bruce Beauchamp Memorial Fund (BBMF) alive, along with the memory of Bruce, who passed away from pancreatic cancer in 1988. Helping others in the community is a fitting tribute to his generosity of spirit, which touched everyone he met. The Fund’s capital has exceeded $600,000 and with the help of Toronto Community Foundation (TCF), we have disbursed more than $300,000 over the years to a variety of causes, with a primary focus on health care.
In 2013, our family was honoured to receive the Martin Connell Spirit of Philanthropy Award from TCF. This award is given annually to philanthropists who advance the vision of making Toronto the best city in which to live, work, learn and grow; who have a history of granting locally and who act as ambassadors and advocates for TCF. This means a great deal to us, as we know it would to Bruce.
We continue to work with the Foundation to make sure that money from the fund goes to a variety of worthy causes. During the last calendar year, TCF granted $30,337.59 on our behalf to the following recipient organizations:
- Jennifer Ashleigh Children’s Charity – help for Ontario families caring for seriously ill children at home;
- Epilepsy Toronto – epilepsy video;
- Sunnybrook Hospital – Kidney/Nephrology Research;
- Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation – Pancreatic Cancer Research with Dr. Headley;
- Mount Sinai Hospital – knee and hip replacement research through Dr. Allan Gross; and
- West Park Healthcare Centre – MSK wing inpatient Physio Dept. for bariatric treatment bed.
These are all causes that were identified to us as health care-related areas of need. We are always open to considering new recipients; please let us know if you have any suggestions. Rest assured that we do our due diligence each year to make sure the funds committed are used for the appropriate purposes.
We are grateful to all of you who have supported the Fund over the years, and we ask that you consider the BBMF again this year as part of your holiday donations. The Martin Connell Spirit of Philanthropy Award is as much a tribute to you as it is to Bruce and the Beauchamp family.
You can make your donation in any of the following ways:
- Online at the BBMF website: www.brucebeauchampmemorialfund.ca
- By mail: Bruce Beauchamp Memorial Fund, 33 Bloor Street East, Ste. #1603, Toronto, ON M4W 3H1
- By phone: Toronto Community Foundation, Attn: 416-921-2035
- Online at the TCF website: www.tcf.ca
Thank you once again for your support.
The Beauchamp Family